Who is good at social media / email / events?

Derick Doepikar and
James Clear https://sparklp.co/e3258ea4

1 Like

HR d’Costa has an excellent website, blog, podcast, and weekly newsletter. She regularly holds online events that are very well-attended:
http://scribemeetsworld.com/

Louis at The Novel Smithy also has excellent books, articles, blog posts, and website:

Brandon Sanderson’s YouTube lectures are the bomb:

K.M. Weiland has amazing emails and blog posts (and books):

2 Likes

Agree with your selection.

It’s Lewis (Jorstad) at Novel Smithy - just pinned another article of his on my Pinterest board, I might as well just pin his whole site, along with KM Weiland.

Never been a fan of Sanderson’s writing but been binge-watching his lectures which I discovered only a couple of weeks ago.

Not even Brandon’s “Skyward” and “Alcatraz” series? I haven’t read any of his epic fantasy so I can’t comment on those, but those above series (and The Reckoners) are pretty good.

Agree about Lewis and KM!

What’s your Pinterest board link? Here’s mine: https://www.pinterest.com/kiirsi/writing/

Sanderson’s epic fantasy is fine, just not compelling enough I want to complete any. Maybe I’ll try those two series.

My imprint Pinterest boards are here:

I’m planning to start a new board as part of the personal brand soon.

A few words from her twitter grace Duchess Goldblatt?

A middle grade author I follow on YouTube recently talked about her participation in this upcoming summit! Excited. :slight_smile:

Sorry, not a suggestion but wanted to share that.

2 Likes

Hooray! It’s going to be a great event.

1 Like

Erica Ridley’s newsletters are fabulous. They aren’t so frequent to be irritating, and they are always a nice break from whatever is going on in your life. She gives a glimpse into her personal life, then her writing life, and she actively promotes other authors’ works as well. There is often a freebie - be it a novel, a novella or a short story.

When it comes to writing companies or writing related brands, most of them are always pushing some product or service.

Alessandra Torre seems good value, and her facebook group is active. She runs Inkers Con (it must be happening soon), but she does seem focused on helping authors achieve visibility. Derek Murphy’s another who gives far more than he probably should. Then there’s the Alliance of Independent Authors - that’s a membership organisation for Indies, but it’s got a good rep with several authors I know. And Reedsy’s worth a mention too.

1 Like

Hey Daniel,

I enjoyed your talk with Michelle Schusterman about YouTube growth. I’d love to talk to you about accelerating YT growth with a “Discover Ad” strategy. This ad format harnesses the power of keyword bidding, and I’ve used it with success for clients. I’m an advertiser by trade and manage up to $35K/day in ad spend.

Of course, I’m aspiring to move away from my day job and write full time, but I’d gladly put a presentation together for other authors on this quirky strategy, which is still pretty untapped :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Jess

Totally agree to your post here!