My next event: Writing Style and Voice

Yes, I would attend.

I would definitely be interested. Bring it on! :fountain_pen:

Agree with @Argent’s comments and I will attend. I would also try to add something to the image that shows how perplexing it can be to decide on voice and write dialogue. Can’t think of anything right now. An example is an image of hundreds or sticky notes all over a writer, which was used to promote Plottr software (Plottr replaces sticky notes).

As to content, I want to improve writing dialogue and would appreciate any help on that topic. Also, I do editing for writers and often find people have trouble choosing and sticking to a POV. I think writers would be interested in hearing about the pros and cons of various POVs, along with how and when to switch POV.

This sounds great! Since I’m not always able to attend the live versions, I will likely purchase the pass this time around. Looking forward to it!

Yes to the weekend of the 12th! I’m already participating in another online writing retreat the weekend before, so that weekend or any other in March works for me. And I vote for the first design—it’s good to have continuity with the same figure from the Plot Summit.

2 Likes

Loved the Plot Summit. Definitely interested in attending the Style and Voice Summit. As for the banners, I like the first one best.

1 Like

I am interested in the free course & possible to buy it also.

Too busy.
Also tuck the ampersand in a smaller font between style and voice, open out the lettering a little.
Still think your top tagline could run the same width as the title in fewer than 5 lines. Give your tagline a bit more head room at the top of the frame.

I am interested in early registration for the all-access-pass upgrade. Thanks.

1 Like

I’d be game to attend. I’d like any info on
early registration/all-access-pass upgrade, as well.

1 Like

Absolutely! I would attend.

1 Like

I would attend and purchase and all-access pass.

1 Like

I would jump at the chance to attend this event!

1 Like

Sounds promising! I am keen to learn more about developing voice in my writing. Thanks!

1 Like

Definitely interested. you’ve set a high bar with the Plot Forest.

1 Like

Thank you, all! This is great to hear. More info coming – as soon as I can produce it.

3 Likes

I am interested in attending.

1 Like

Hello Daniel, Yes, this sounds perfect. Thank you so much!

NEW LINK!

Does this work?

Here is the advance early-bird secret-subscriber only discount link:

This price is open to the first 50 writers, and then I will close that ticket option down and re-open closer to the event.

I hope you’ll join us!

Daniel

Here’s the email I just sent out:

Thank you for asking for early access to my next writing summit, Style and Voice . You were interested in getting writing style lessons and help developing your authorial voice.

Registration is now open!

I’m offering this subscriber-only discount on all access passes for the first fifty people to register. I’m excited to share this topic that I love so much with you, and to resume the great community from Escape the Plot Forest .

The all access pass will cost $67 full price, and I’ll do an early bird discount for $47.

For you and forty-nine other writers, however, the pass will be only $33.

That will get you ongoing replay access and all the bonuses I add to the pass.

Go for it!

Useful notes if you need more information:

• the site is quite plain for now – that will change as I build up the schedule.
  • this topic, writing style, is a passion of mine, and I’m putting together a group of speakers who can teach you a lot. So this probably won’t be a parade of celebrity writers / big names – it’s going to have a more low-key, personal vibe.
  • this event is two days long, so it will be more compact than Escape the Plot Forest
  • I’ll be teaching lessons each day on clarity and getting your vision across
  • you’ll learn little-known techniques of sentence construction
  • it’s going to be a fun time with happy hours and lots of writing prompts
  • there will be a free watch-it-live ticket option, but it’s not ready yet. So if you think you can spend the whole weekend watching, the free option might be good for you, but honestly the pass will offer the best learning opportunity

Questions? Suggestions?

If not, go get your ticket. 134 people asked to be on this early-alert list, so if you want to level-up your writing, get your reduced price ticket now.

Yours,

1 Like

@Danielw Trying to buy an early bird ticket but just hangs on this screen:

1 Like