How's everyone doing today?

Feeling good? Busy? Able to take time to get outside?

I haven’t yet! My wife took this pic. I’ve been stuck inside working on my annual review / portfolio.

10 Likes

I woke up this morning . . . Ooops, sorry. Didn’t mean to start with a “Waking up” scene. Scrapping a large part of a plot-line so as to mainstream the story and reach my word count. So, I’ve been writing synopses all morning and . . . did I tell you you my dog likes eggrolls.

Taking a break, back into it.

6 Likes

Looking forward to some sub-90 degree temperature days later in the upcoming week according to the forecast. It’s been in the 90s, and over 100 some days, lately. Hard to get as much done.

Very tempted to dive into that river if I could open a magic portal from here to there.

4 Likes

@Danielw Your wife took a gorgeous picture! Absolutely beautiful.

3 Likes

I have MS and it manifests mostly in vision loss. They can help it by loading me up with IV steroids. Normally this is an out patient procedure, but dealing with doctors and hospitals during the pandemic is quite a hassle. That being said, writing has been a great way to escape this week.

5 Likes

Stuck and frustrated this week. Have thought a lot about writing and done none😞

4 Likes

Made some headway on a few ideas for a couple book outlines, so that’s a plus.

4 Likes

Practicing procrastination on life. Which means things get done in a circular fashion. Flit to this project, flit to that. Eventually it all gets progress.

5 Likes

Chopping down more overgrown monsters in the garden. Creating a chiastic storyboard for the novel, using images.

2 Likes

Love the picture!
I finally started doing a proper outline for my current project, though I got a bit carried away and lost track of time. It’s 3am for me now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So sorry to hear that Sara. I just stumbled over this bit of new research which might be of interest to you https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/10/201007145416.htm
“N-acetylglucosamine, a simple sugar found in human breast milk and sold as an over-the-counter dietary supplement in the United States, promotes myelin repair in mouse models and correlates with myelination levels in multiple sclerosis patients, according to a new study.”

1 Like

@Luke This is fascinating. Thank you! The remyelinization is exactly what I am looking to promote. I am logging on to research supplements of N-acetylglucosamine now. A huge THANK YOU again. I already take so many supplements which seem to assist indirectly. I preform fasts to promote autophagy to try to eliminate possible causes in cell toxins, but I have never seen a direct cooperation that focuses on the myelin. Brilliant! Lol. I have been searching for years (with wretched vision) for something like this. How did you stumble upon it?

2 Likes

I’m interested in brain and mind stuff, so I follow https://twitter.com/WardPlunet who often tweets about new breakthroughs and such. So: pure luck, plus the fact you’d mentioned your MS.
I’m thrilled to think this could be helpful to you!

3 Likes

@Lita A picture outline seems fascinating. I am curious as to how you would do something like this? Using hard photographs? Software?

2 Likes

Luke, you are definitely one of a kind. Fascinating!

3 Likes

@Saragflee Hi, thanks for the question. :slight_smile:

I’m creating a kind of storyboard, using Scrivener. I’m taking images that are appropriate/symbolic of the scene.

I’m trying for the first time to create a chiastic structure (first half of the story is mirrored by the second half).

For example, in the very first scene the young, enslaved heroine is on the top of a Carthusian church tower, mourning the loss of her mother. The final scene mirrors this when we see her in the same place in full command of her powers ready to leave.

Neither image is literal; they only symbolise the combination of the narrative arc and the MC’s arc.

@Danielw 's PPN, especially the ABC Character plot has been invaluable during this process.

4 Likes

@Lita That idea is brilliant. I have been making Pinterest boards and collecting pictures, but it is hard to put them into a specific format. I may give it another go.

Thanks for the inspiratuon!

2 Likes

@Saragflee What are you referring to by specific format? Do you mean like a template would be helpful for sizing or do you mean file type like PNG versus JPG? Or something else entirely?

@Argent By formatting, I think I meant storyboard order, such as using something like the corkboard on Scrivner. Pinterest tends to shuffle by the picture sizes. I could kind of drag and have them stay until I added another, and things would reshuffle again.

I am actually toying with the idea of making Daniel’s PPN scene boxes into a Google slides story board with pictures and captions… at least for Stage 3 at the moment since that’s the bear I’m taming at the moment.

1 Like

Ah, okay. I don’t know enough about Pinterest to offer suggestions on how to manage the shuffling.

I am interested in these scene boxes. I’m not in the PPN course, though. I wonder if it would be giving up state secrets to give a little more of a description of them here.

2 Likes