How's everyone doing today?

A question for you here I think, @Danielw :nerd_face: from @Argent :smile:

1 Like

I’m more than happy for people to describe it!

4 Likes

I’m very happy: a little after midnight last night my cover designer sent me through a preview of the front and the full cover, and I love it! (It’s also a big weight off my mind.)
While updating the IngramSpark cover template files with the final(?) page count, I found they now offer ‘eggshell’ paper (looks like mass market style), 38lb instead of 50lb paper.
So the print books will look even more like normal mass market paperbacks.
One small change I discovered was that IS don’t offer ‘eggshell’ though for the smaller edition in the exact size I previously used: 4.25" x 7". But they do offer it for the 4.37" x 7", so I decided to change to that for my A-format editions. I don’t think that will upset many readers because it’s a change to the width, not the height, so it won’t mess up neat shelving.

3 Likes

@Lita - i did make a Google Slides version of Daniel’s Stage III (the middle) to make picture summaries. I made a corkboard similar to Scrivner with the scene boxes. Then I linked them to other slides to place a quick scene description, questions I pulled from The Story Grid podcast, and a big place for pictures. I haven’t used it yet, but am excited to play around with it. Honestly, building it helped me to cement the scene process in my head. Thanks for sharing your picture idea because it prompted me to execute my own!

@Argent The scene boxes describe suggestions for building the big middle. (Well, technically he has then for each act of the book). It includes how and when to place essential scenes, such as reveals, betrayals, and when the villain grows in power. For me, it is an excellent method to show the building blocks of a story and how to arrange them.

4 Likes

That’s excellent, @Saragflee ! :+1:

1 Like

So sorry to hear Saragflee. Good you can write.

2 Likes