Would you be one of the "Founding 100"?

I’m very grateful, thank you. + all feedback appreciated.

1 Like

Wow! I signed up and love the bonuses you set up! I’ve wanted to take classes from Jessica Brody for a long time, and also the class on sentence writing, so this is fabulous (and that’s not even the summit). Great job!

1 Like

Recording the sentence writing session was a magical experience for me. I can’t wait to share it with you.

3 Likes

I’m not 100% sure yet. There are a lot of tasks I can do myself, but which, as the event grows, make less and less sense for me to be attempting to do well.

My first thoughts are:

• Social media asset making / sharing.
  • A copywriter to review the summit pages.
  • More email outreach to brands.
  • Help organising all the speakers.
  • Video editing for the pre-recorded sessions.
2 Likes

Thank you, Danielw.
Post must be at least twenty characters? I thought the brevity of my gratitude was most profound.

2 Likes

No minimalism here, please.

1 Like

Damn . . . . . . . . now, I see why. The ol’ incomplete sentence buffer, eh boss?

1 Like

I signed up! Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Sorry if I’m asking something that’s been mentioned but WHEN in October is the summit? Is it the whole month?

1 Like

Oct 22nd - 25th! Four days of plot advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m officially in! I probably will not be able to attend the live sessions, but the lifetime access to the sessions is AMAZING. Thank you for the invitation to this exciting event!

1 Like

PS A really exciting author will deliver a talk all about battle scenes…

4 Likes

Thank you, Sara. I will work very hard to make it a great event!

1 Like

I listened to a podcast interview with Aiki Flinthart recently on Mark Dawson’s Self-Publishing Show. The title theme of the interview is correctly portraying women in fight scenes but she gives some valuable tips on writing them in general, too. Many readers skip over fight scenes if it is too much description about the action and not much about what the character is experiencing as a result. It appears that she also interviewed with Joanna Penn a few months ago. I’ll include both links and plan to watch the older interview to see if there is more information.

I don’t mean this overshadow to Daniel’s announcement. I just think it is good supplemental information on the subject that I came across recently if this is a topic you’re interested in.

Here are the links:

1 Like

I just wanted to say this if it wasn’t already clear: THANK YOU to everyone who has registered, whether it’s for the Founding 100 thing or a free registration.

I’m so grateful, and I’m happy to see your name pop up in the summit software, and I’m eager to deliver a great event for you.

28 seats of the Founding 100 have already gone. I’m very happy.

3 Likes

PS The indie writer sensation, Derek Murphy, is going to present a talk on “Intrigue” — which I’m really excited for.

2 Likes

this is a very cool resource, thank you!

2 Likes

Registered for one of the Founding 100 spots. Don’t know if I’ll be able to attend any of the live stuff, but I’m definitely going to make use of the lifetime access to the replays.

2 Likes

This sounds portentous. Bring me robes, goblets, and sarvers. . .

2 Likes

Last mention of this btw — today is the final day — I’ll close the promotion down once I wake up tomorrow.

PS The good news is that the initial round / pre-sales was a huge success! I have raised enough from the “100” to be able to hire help. This is a HUGE relief for me and will make the summit much better. Thank you to everyone who signed up, either for free or as a “founding 100.”

3 Likes