Speech to text apps - Android

Help! I managed to shatter my wrist and I need to find a relatively good app to use before going insane.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard that you can put the google docs app on your phone use it to do voice-to-text. Of course, there is some degree of misheard words and punctuation to go back and correct, but itā€™s supposed to be an easy to use option. Iā€™ve heard great things about Dragon, but itā€™s pricey.

1 Like

Iā€™ve used google docs on my phone with voice to text. It works OK for getting down the gist of things, although needs a fair bit of editing with my kiwi accent :slight_smile: (although I normally need to edit quite a lot with all my typos too!!) Dragon can be ā€˜trainedā€™ to have a 97% + accuracy so that might be a better option but I hear the best version for that is the PC version, rather than the app.

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that ! I fractured my wrist several years ago and started out with a cast, but then the ā€œbones movedā€ (thatā€™s how the doctor put it). They took off the cast and gave me something called an extender (rods in my wrist/arm with a rod on the outside holding things steady). I had to have that for six weeks, but the good news was I could type. I really feel for you! Iā€™ve used the Windows speech tool, but speaking instead of writing doesnā€™t work well for me, so I donā€™t have any good ideas. I hope you are better soon!

1 Like

Iā€™ve found Otter at Otter.ai to be incredibly useful, simple yet powerful.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been testing the free version and Iā€™m surprised at its accuracy.

2 Likes