Small Sparks, Big Explosions

Some of my own best ideas for storylines have come when writing the most mundane things.

A shopping list for my home for example. Suddenly I am imagining what my villain’s shopping list would look like and just like that, I am rejuvenated with ideas and plot twists, off writing on my story again.

Writing prompts can be the simplest thing. The point is to catch a small spark to propel your writing forward.

Here is a list of 30 creative writing prompts from Journal Buddies in very simple form, but do not underestimate the power of the smallest spark to make an explosion in your creative writing.

Did you find a prompt that spoke to you?

Do you have another writing prompt method you like to use?

Would you feel comfortable sharing any snippets from your writing with the group?
If yes, please do share them here.

4 Likes

Love this! Very inspiring.

1 Like

Oooh. I’m going to try some of these when I’ve got two seconds to spare beyond “talking” on this forum. :slight_smile: Great ideas, DeAnna. You are quite the inspiration all by yourself. Thanks for being you!

1 Like

Thank You so much,(I am blushing) it is my pleasure and honor to help in anyway that I can.

1 Like

I started leaving a note pad in the bathroom incase I get ideas while in the bath, talk about multi tasking , but sometimes they are the only spare minutes I can find, (or while stuck in waiting rooms).

I look forward to any writing that comes of the prompts that you would be willing to share. I really enjoy reading your ideas.

1 Like

Prompt 30 is interesting to me. It reminds me of how I’ve titled chapters in some of my fanfic work. There are so many great words out there that just don’t get used. I think my favorite recently discovered word is “fantast,” which Merriam-Webster defines as “visionary; a fantastic or eccentric person; fantasist.”

2 Likes