Share, if you will, something happy

What’s been making you happy lately?

3 Likes

Knitting to make gifts for some of my friends (and because it’s relaxing for me), photos my sister shares of my two nieces & two nephews.

2 Likes

Winning a scholarship for Mark Dawson’s ‘Ads for Authors’ course! WooooWoooo!

5 Likes

Well, you asked, so…

I don’t dream often, but Sunday night I had my annual vivid dream about the character who got me into writing in the first place. It’s never the same dream, and he never looks the same, but I always know who he is, and he always knows who I am. He’s the only fictional character I’ve ever dreamed about. Don’t know why, but it’s been a thing for the past four or five years.

4 Likes

The Writing Mojo is back in the building.

3 Likes

Sugar Free chocolate*. Could not find any in the UK, has been out of stock at our closest supermarket in Qatar. Found some today at the Carrefour across town. Happiness is [*] …

2 Likes

Writing, family, crocheting, and lovely people like Daniel that are helping get my writing back on track after the dumpster fire that was 2020 for me. So, thank you Daniel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Writing. We’re blessed with an art form to engage in any time, any place. Unlike dance or music or other arts, writing is immune to pandemics. Dancers, musicians–their worlds have been seriously impacted. In my life, when people ask me how the pandemic has affected my work, I tell them it hasn’t. I wrote before. I write now. I’ll write post-pandemic. What a gift.

1 Like

Well, I am simply happy the entire time and for no good reason…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kitten Zoom Filter Mishap - YouTube

This. I know it’s been out several days, but I am still cry-laughing every time I watch.

2 Likes

Even more hilarious that it made headlines all over the world!

2 Likes

I laughed so hard the first time I heard of this. I’ve shared it far and wide. A year ago, I helped my parents learn to minimally use Zoom to have family chat sessions. Even I don’t know where the filters are located; we do well enough arranging a time and making sure everyone’s cameras and microphones are on without adding any extras! lol

1 Like

Honestly, didn’t even know there were filters before this!