Non JK Wizard books + self promo

A bookshop-owner in New Orleans just shared this list for wizard books that are not Harry Potter.

I thought you might find something interesting on the list:

(If you don’t “hate” JK Rowling — please just take the list as a reading recommendation. Several books I want to try here.)

Self-promo thread:

What is going well for you this week?

3 Likes

I really appreciate this thread. Mind if I add The Summoner series by Taran Matharu to the list?

2 Likes

I haven’t looked at the list. Is Harry Dresden on it? It’s not a Wizard list without Harry Dresden. :rabbit2: (Denied! Why is there no wizard emoji?!)

3 Likes

This is a great list, even for non-HP fans – it includes lots of different kinds of books, from mythological tales to more creepy reads. I was surprised how many I’ve read; I must like magical stories about kids! And I’m adding Legendborn to my TBR list now…

2 Likes

I’ve just started reading the books of T. Kingfisher (aka Ursula Vernon)

I just finished A WIZARD’S GUIDE TO DEFENSIVE BAKING and I’m hooked.

2 Likes

Got in the top 12 (of 400) in Writer’s Digest’s latest “Your Story” contest. If you’d like to help vote me into the top 10 so I can be published in the May/June 2021 issue, you can head over to the contest page and vote for entry 9. It’s the one that starts, “No one has seen Nevermender…”

https://www.writersdigest.com/your-story…/your-story-108

2 Likes

That’s a great opportunity! What is the deadline?

1 Like

I asked that couple days ago, but haven’t gotten a response so far.

I checked earlier today, and the poll is still open, so I guess I’ll just keep checking back either until I get an answer or the poll closes.

1 Like