NaNo WriMo Group?

Hey Everyone,

I have absolutely loved the community these passed days from the Plot Summit and would love to continue this vibe into NaNo WriMo.

I’ve never had a community before when trying out NaNo WriMo (and have never been able to “win” it), but would like to see if there is anyone here up for such a thing. It would be great to discuss all the things we’ve learned from the summit and how we’re implementing them!

Let me know if you’ve got any ideas about this!

Cheers,

Amie

9 Likes

I’m definitely up for this! :grinning: The summit has me energized and I want to keep that momentum going through NaNoWriMo. Count me in!

Andrea

4 Likes

This will be my first year attempting NaNo so I’d be up for this ^^ I am a bit on the shy side mind you :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t worry, me too, I’m also a bit shy :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I was about to suggest a NaNoWriMo community when I saw this thread. You beat me to it!
I’m absolutely up for this. It’ll be my first NaNoWriMo, and I expect I’ll benefit from the encouragement a friendliness of a group.
How do we go about it?

3 Likes

To be honest, I’m not entirely sure. I guess that also depends on what people are comfortable with and how many people want to join us?

3 Likes

Well, you can count me in.

I’d love to participate in a NaNo group. I did NaNo last year, but it felt very isolated, since the only people I had to share it with were my FB page followers–a whopping one of whom is a fellow writer.

2 Likes

I tried to make a group on the NaNo WriMo page, but maybe this is not the best. Let me know your opinion. Some of you I couldn’t find your usernames for some reason.

https://nanowrimo.org/writing-groups/forest-summit-group

The group has a maximum of 20 members so if there are more interested people then we should do it some other platform like here or on discord or something.

4 Likes

This is great. I’ll join. :grin:

Dang, I can’t get it to load.

Add me, if you can?

Moonflowermolly

<3

I’m also having trouble with endless loading.
I would love an add and my handle is Neffis
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Count me in! My handle is Ron C. Nieto, because I can’t seem to be able to load up the group page :wink:
I look forward to giving this a shot with all of you!

I also couldn’t get the group to load, but would love to join. Same UN: dtill359.

I’m in! I’d love an “Escape the NaNo Forest” group!!! Such fun because this is a great community! I have participated in NaNo off and on since 2005 and have won 8 times. I have a LOT of helpful hints and a word tracking tool that let’s you know when you’ll be finished depending on the word count you’ve set.

1 Like

I would love to join! My NaNoWriMo user name is KAtlass and feel free to add me as a NaNo Buddy.

If the group ran out of space, I did make a discord server. https://discord.gg/y5fBBx5qRD

1 Like

@kellygunteratlas @dtill359 @Kayla @Ron @francesp Sorry there’s been such a delay in sending invites. I’ve sent them now, and hopefully they work smoothly. Looking forward to seeing you all in the group.

Just a heads up, there’s only one space left in the group now.

3 Likes

I made it so anyone can add anyone so I think you’ve been added, just has you under awaiting response now!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s also nice to have some instant messaging going.

1 Like