Introducing myself

Hi everyone, my name is Goodness. I love to read mystery novels. My favourite author is James Patterson. If l had owned a food truck, l would sell pizzas. I just love pizzas. The best hour for me to write is early in the morning, because there are no distractions. I look forward to having a great time here.

7 Likes

Welcome, it’s great to have you!

3 Likes

Hi everybody!
I’m Norah Thecelticwriter. I was born in Cardiff Wales and have lived in Canada for many years. I have written two historical romance novels (with a little mystery thrown in)and that is my favorite genre to write, although I would like to write a mystery (with some romance thrown in). Really glad I found this group

4 Likes

My name is Evelyn Smith.
I’m a hobbyist writer who wants to become a published one. I live in the Tulsa area with my husband, 5 of our 6 kids, 2 dogs and (his) 3 tarantulas (and his feeder farm of invertebrates for the tarantulas). I love working with/writing for tweens to young adults, cooking and reading.
-I read many genres, but some of my faves are historical fiction, sleuth, urban fantasy, suspense/horror and cozies in fiction. I also love biographies, psychology and inspirational non-fiction books.
-If I owned a food truck, it’d be pretty eclectic bc I love to eat and cook many types of food, most especially Mexican, Chinese, Italian and Indian food. That being said, I guarantee it would include several vegetarian and low-carb options too bc I’ve learned to cook those for my family.
-The best time for me to write is early morning (before kids get up for school), late evening (after kids “pretend they don’t exist”/go to bed) or mid-afternoon if I’m off from work and kids are at school. In short, my kids don’t seem to want me focused on my writing babies when they’re in the room. LOL

3 Likes

Welcome. Pizza is my favorite, too!

Hi, everyone! My favorite things to read and write are fantasy and historical fiction. If I had a food truck, it would sell cookies (my favorite things to cook and eat). The best time to write is at night–when it’s quiet and my imagination takes off.

4 Likes

Welcome! That sounds like an awesome food truck. You can’t go wrong with cookies. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ReLane, Welcome the the group!

Please do spill the Tea on your favorite cookies to make/eat? Love, love, LOVE GOOD COOKIES!

YES!!! A cookie connoisseur in the house!

(Favorite recipes are valid forms of writing, too? Hint, hint)

(With or without cookie recipes)
We’re so happy to have you here!

Ditto the solitude of night time writing! You’ll find many kindred spirits here.

I second the motion, pretending solitude for an ideal writers life.

A little humor goes a long way for sanity in the balancing act of life vs craft.

Welcome to the group! You’ll find your kindred spirits here.

P. S. Please excuse the delay in your welcome. Your post only just came to my attention.

1 Like

Here’s one of my cookie recipies.

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.

Cream together:
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Butter or margarine

Add:
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla.

Add:
3 tablespoons chocolate
1 1/2 C. flour
3 C. oatmeal.
1 teaspoon baking soda

Then, add 1 Cup Chocolate Chips.

Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes.

3 Likes

You’re awesome! Thank you.

Ooohh, they have oatmeal in them.

I shall call them…Healthy Cookies, and eat them often, muahahahaha!

Yum!!!

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan to me. Sign me up. :smiley:

1 Like

Let’s all plan to make the cookies this week and it will be like group project in following written instruction. (See what I did there) and then we can use their scrumpdiddlyumptousness as a writing prompt.

To either descriptive writing of baking, eating, smelling etc. Or to practice write a review from pov of your main/favorite character.

What do you think?

Either way I’m doing it, but would love a comrade in arms on this one.

What say you?

2 Likes

I like the way you look at it.

1 Like