How to Sell Books on a Shoestring Budget Free Webinar

Sandra Beckwith from Build Book Buzz sent this out in her newsletter this morning:

"Are you an author on a tight budget? Or, maybe you’ve got some money, but you’re tired of wasting it on marketing that didn’t work.

Do you wish someone would tell you what works and how to do it – but at a price that doesn’t break the bank?

I’m hosting a free webinar with Rob Eagar on “ How to Sell Books on a Shoestring Budget ” on Thursday, October 15, at 2:00 pm Eastern (calculate for your time zone).
Some of you will remember Rob from the free Amazon training he provided earlier this year. This time, he’s going to review marketing tactics any author can afford. Here’s what you will learn:

• Connect with powerful book influencers for free
  • Use inexpensive email to create book sales that you control
  • Advertise affordably on BookBub to avid readers in your genre

This free event is sponsored by Rob’s course of the same name, so he’ll provide an inside look at that popular video program, too.

Don’t miss out! Register for Thursday’s training today!

https://www.startawildfire.com/webinar-registration

Can’t join us live? Register anyway and we’ll send a link to the webinar recording within 24 hours.

I’m looking forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

Sandy
Sandra Beckwith

P.S. Please forward this email to anyone who needs to learn how to promote their book without spending a lot! They’ll thank you for it."

4 Likes

Planning to attend. It’s a workday, but it’s in scheduler.

3 Likes

Registered for this event. Thanks, @kellygunteratlas :nerd_face:

1 Like

Just attended this, even though it was 5am my time.
It was worth attending, I felt. I didn’t sign up for the course though.
Now to get some more hours of sleep…

1 Like

I opted for sleep and missed it. Waiting for the replay link to be emailed.

Thank you for letting us know it is worth a listen. I cannot believe how packed the second half of October is with summits and webinars. It’s a project just keeping up with all of them.

1 Like

It sure is. They posted the replay link. They were a little pushy about the course you could buy, and they time limited the discount for it (which I think must be running at very soon now), but it was only 10% off.
Personally I feel okay just doing my own googling and researching to learn (I hope :sweat_smile:) what they offered in the paid course.

Just finished watching the replay. I think if you are someone who already understands the value of building an email list and using lead magnets to build it, you are already know most of what is discussed in this webinar. They talk a bit about connecting with online influencers (owners of podcasts, YouTube channels, etc). There is also quite a bit of discussion about BookBub. If you already are on the BookBub Partners mailing list, you are getting plenty of information from BookBub themselves on how to make the most of your ads on the platform.

What I gained most from this webinar was getting an idea of Rob Eagar’s course. Surprisingly, if I was currently at or near the stage of actually marketing any books, I would jump on this course. It is $299 ($274 with the coupon) and that seems like such a deal given that, in addition to the video content, scripts and other resources, there are live teaching sessions and you get to email Rob with questions for a year. He really seems to know what he is talking about and I think having that access to even some light coaching for that long as I try to put theory into practice is well worth that price. If only I was at that stage.

I was a little surprised during the Q&A that he and Sandra seemed unaware of BookBub’s new audiobook platform Chirp. They did say that using BookBub ads was still a great deal even though it is ebook focused. Those ads can still find people who will buy the print or audiobook format. The thing to remember is they are talking about BookBub ads, not BookBub deals. The ads are relatively inexpensive but the deals are highly competitive and very expensive.

2 Likes