Essays of the Greats, On Writing Your Best Fiction

The incomparable Mark Twain is in my top 3 for favorite authors. His humor, intellect, and outspoken insight into humanity, were decades ahead of his time.

When considering the question “If I could take a class from any writer in history who would I want to teach me?” I went in search of Twain’s recommendations on the subject of writing.

I hope you enjoy his thoughts and teachings as much as I did. Check out Mr. Twain’s (and vast array of classic, American, fiction writing legends) in these essays at bid4papers (link below).

“The difference between the right word and the almost-right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.” – Mark Twain

By Mike Hanski
"For Mr. Twain, essays were way more than academic assignments most of you love hating so much. His works inspired ideas and motivated people to change the world.

Have you ever thought how famous essay writers could influence you? To be specific, how could their writings make you awesome?

Year by year, essay writers teach critical thinking and freedom of expression to young people demanding changes and self-development. Words are their weapon, powerful enough to influence your attitude toward writing in general, and your writing assignments in particular.

Read these famous American essay writers, and you’ll reveal the secret of awesomeness: clear thoughts expressed with power words."

The more you read, the better you write, after all.
4 Likes

I often find that my writing echoes something I’ve read in one way or another.

3 Likes