Advanced User Tutorial

For anyone who would like to access the advanced user tutorial

• Go to your messages and either reply to your Discobot Greetings message or send a new message to Discobot.

• In the message, type: @discobot start advanced tutorial

You’ll learn a few things like:

• what happens when you edit or delete a post
  • how to build a poll in your post
  • how to hide spoiler information in your posts

It only took a few minutes and you get a nifty certificate and badge! :medal_military:

4 Likes

@Argent Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Thanks @ Argent, can you translate the discobot for me, pls? It talks about finding the gear icon to make a poll. Not that I particularly want to make a poll but I want to know how to🤓

And a bit further on​:exploding_head::star_struck: Hey, I finally figured it out

2 Likes

Hello, Su

I annotated a couple of quick screenshot images that will hopefully help. If not, please ask more questions and I will try to make it clearer. I suspect I overexplained and all you needed was the first one showing where the gear icon is located. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, silly me! I should wake up more before responding to things! Rereading your message, it sounds like you figured it out on your own. I’ll leave my post up, though, for anyone else who might have the same question later.

1 Like

@Argent thanks for the reply. Yes, I did finally figure it out. It was slow progress😂 I took awhile to realise I had to reply first before I saw the gear icon. I was looking all over the page I was on with discobot. I looked in the menus, I saw a gear icon at the top of the page which was the wrong one. So your image will certainly show any one as dim as me🤯 how to get there more quickly☺️ Thanks.

1 Like