Escape the Plot Forest -- The Plotting Summit

How about Jennie Nash. She runs Author Accelerator and hosts some of the most popular classes on CreativeLive!

1 Like

I stumbled across a freelance editor named Loni Crittenden. She runs Crit & Pen Editorial, and she offers various editorial services. She has a Facebook page here. Also, she offers a five-step story planning system, The Dapper Drafter.

1 Like

She looks great… Reaching out shortly!

1 Like

Okay. The summit (thanks to you all) has a great line up of speakers. Wow. Thank you to @kellygunteratlas @Argent @MsBT @kate and everyone else who recommended names.

New question: now I’m investigating sponsors. I want to reach out to companies that might want to get involved. There is space in the summit site to include a sponsor’s logo.

What companies or tools do you use in your writing life?

• Scrivener
  • Ulysses
  • Pro Writing Aid

What else? What’s a company I could reach out to?

Great news!

Sponsor ideas are: Plottr (great software for writers), Grammarly, Scrivener, and Reedsy might be interested.

If the summit includes anything for non-fiction writers, I can recommend smartblogger.com.

1 Like

That’s fantastic news! As for tools I use, Grammarly on a daily basis. I’ve tried Scrivener and Novel Factory. Others I can think of: Papyrus Author, Dramatica Pro, SmartEdit, LivingWriter, Storyist, Pages, Hemingway Editor, Dropbox, Freedom, and Vellum.

1 Like

Great suggestions.

If anyone else has a tech recommendation, let me know.

Freewrite is a tech company that seems geared to the needs of writers. https://getfreewrite.com/

2 Likes

Oooooooohh…. Great pick.

Have you checked out this year’s NaNoWriMo sponsors yet? They have quite a few new companies/services I’ve never heard of, but that look promising. You might want to reach out to some of them. https://nanowrimo.org/offers

1 Like

Ulysses (the writing app) is going to offer two licenses as raffle prizes for attendees! Hooray!

1 Like

I posted this link and my comments in the pantser and plotting thread, and thought writer/coach Annalisa Parent would be great for the summit.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m at this awkward place where I’m not sure if I invited too many speakers or too few! With luck, the speaker schedule will be clearer by the end of the week.

I thought you probably had enough… maybe next time (hint)!

1 Like

Some (small) good news: my favourite writing app, Ulysses, is giving away five one-year licenses as a raffle / giveaway during the event.

And Jessica Brody, while she can’t speak at this year’s event, is offering participants a one-month trial of some of her courses.

More to come! I am writing a fresh email a day…

2 Likes

Heads up: I hope this is okay, but as the summit approaches, I am going to archive this discussion. Once people start joining this community because they joined the summit, this building process may be a little bit too “behind the scenes.”

I am extremely grateful for all the recommendations and contact info located in this thread. The event would not be as good without you all.

3 Likes

I’m so sad about Loni Crittenden — I emailed her (twice — a week or so later) with no reply. She looks perfect for the event. But I feel like three messages is too much.

1 Like

That disappoints me, too. She would have been an interesting speaker.

1 Like

All right, team. Some of the speakers have shared the summit with their followers, so I’m going to archive this conversation later today.

I really appreciate the advice and recs shared here (and in private). Your input has made this so much better.

1 Like