A Brain Full of Stories

Thank you, thank you, Thank You!

(Post must be atleast 20 characters)

1 Like

@Dess
I too. So many ideas, but always fractured and incomplete. Once, I thought they were subplots. You know the kind. A single scene that’s maybe two paragraphs written in poetic prose with a ‘spring forward’ line at the end. The kind that house some essential insight one cannot show or tell except through the eyes of a third party. The kind that makes the single shot that kills the unnamed guard of deeper meaning than just exposition. ‘He died from the wandering forty calibre bullet,’ makes his life and death meaningless, but with a micro plot things change. ‘Having argued with his wife four months his appointment for glasses had gone without a hitch. The woman fitted his new frames with her typical shaking hands and he saw with absolute clarity the spark as the wandering forty calibre bullet richoched into his chest.’ Now he’s left a grieving wife and there is a hanging image of being able to see it coming that can be developed further into the storyline. I don’t obsess over them anymore. I just write them onto my 3 by 5 cards which become a dynamic storyboard I can carry around with me. My WIP deck of cards.

Glad to know I am not the only one. Your idea of merging them into a larger, shared world is intriguing. Thanks.

1 Like